|Dr Millie Lytle ND
BOOK A SESSION
We are very pleased at Double Diamond Wellness to announce that Dr. Millie Lytle ND, MPH is back and offering Naturopathic Consultation through our center on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Dr. Millie is available on Mondays afternoons, from 2pm – 7pm. You can contact us directly via email or call 212.721.8183 to book an appointment!
You can learn about our Naturopathic Doctor by clicking on her picture:
What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic physicians combine the wisdom of nature with the rigors of modern science. Steeped in traditional healing methods, principles and practices, naturopathic medicine focuses on holistic, proactive prevention and comprehensive diagnosis and treatment. By using protocols that minimize the risk of harm, naturopathic physicians help facilitate the body’s inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health. It is the naturopathic physician’s role to identify and remove barriers to good health by helping to create a healing internal and external environment.
Naturopathic physicians work in private practices, hospitals, clinics and community health centers. NDs practice throughout the United States and Canada. Qualified naturopathic physicians undergo rigorous training before they become licensed health-care practitioners.
NDs treat all medical conditions and can provide both individual and family health care. Among the most common ailments they treat are allergies, chronic pain, digestive issues, hormonal imbalances, obesity, respiratory conditions, heart disease, fertility problems, menopause, adrenal fatigue, cancer, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. NDs are trained to utilize prescription drugs, although the emphasis of naturopathic medicine is the use of natural medicines.
An Initial Naturopathic Consultation includes:
- 90 Minute Naturopathic and functional medicine intake (follow-up consults are 60 minutes)
- Review of diet diary, supplements and medications
- Vitamin, herb and drug interactions consult
- Communication of a Naturopathic assessment and diagnosis
- Treatment using natural medicines, diet & lifestyle recommendations
- Individualized treatment protocols using complementary or alternative medicine as compared to standard medicine
- Expertise in Drug-Herb-Nutrient interactions
Some Common Health Concerns We Treat:
- Auto-Immune Disease: Rheumatic Arthritis, SLE, Chronic Fatigue Sydrome etc.
- Brain Health/Neurology
- Cancer Prevention/Treatment
- Developmental Disorders: Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, ADD/ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder etc.
- Gastrointestinal: IBS, Crohn’s Disease. Ulcerative Colitis, GERD, Gas, Bloating, Gastritis etc.
- Heart disease: High blood pressure, high cholesterol, atherosclerosis,
- Hormonal/Endocrine: Thyroid (hypothyroid, hyperthroid), Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Hypoglycemia
- Longevity Medicine
- Insomnia/Sleep Disturbances
- Mental Health: Depression, Dysthymia, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder,OCD, Eating Disorders , Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, Simple phobias
- Pediatric Health
- Skin: acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis
- Women’s Health: PMS, Irregular Menses, Ovarian Cysts, Fibroids, Menopause, Irregular Paps,Osteoporosis, Breast Cancer Prevention/Adjunctive Treatment.
Natural Therapies and Labs:
- Holistic Nutrition: Formulating an individualized diet plan to meet the unique physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each patient.
- Botanical Medicine: Utilizing plant based medicines that have been scientifically proven to treat illness.
- Nutritional Supplementation: Utilizing vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that have been scientifically proven to prevent and treat disease.
- Detoxification/Environmental Medicine: Natural detoxification protocols are utilized to treat disease and promote health. Heavy metal testing and chelation are performed when indicated.
- Lifestyle Counseling: The underlying lifestyle habits and environmental causes for disease are determined and counseled appropriately
- Homeopathy: A powerful 200 year old system of medicine that uses dilute substances to prevent and treat disease. Homeopathy is based on the law of similars, which states that a disease can be cured by a substance that produces similar symptoms in a healthy person. A simple example of homeopathic medicine would be to use a dilute onion preparation to treat a patient who presents with burning, watery, red eyes associated with conjunctivitis, as an onion would cause the same symptoms in a healthy person
- Food Sensitivity Testing: An individual’s blood is tested for an IgG reaction to a number of foods. Food sensitivities have been linked to a number of common illnesses including digestive complaints, fatigue, sinusitis, allergies, depression, anxiety, ADHD, headaches, rashes, eczema, and more. Patients find that once the offending food is identified and eliminated from the diet their symptoms completely resolve.
- Conventional blood tests are recommended to uncover the cause of an individual’s disease and to assess for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
Unfortunately the regulatory conditions in NY are such that Naturopathic Doctors cannot accept insurance at this time.
Book your naturopathic consultation, Try this powerful nature medicine.